很有教养的礼貌英语表达方式

不管在我们日常生活或是工作场合,一口有涵养的英语既能让你显得礼貌,又能获得别人的尊重,让别人对你刮目相看。很多中国人在说英语时,听起来没有礼貌,其实主要是因为应试教育下,还没习惯英语的礼貌表达方式。让我们牢记以下这些表达,会让你的英语听起来很有礼貌:

1、Excuse Me (不好意思)

You would use “excuse me” if you need to go past somebody, for example, if they’re blocking your way.
–当别人挡了你的路,你需要从他们身边绕过时,你应当用这个短语。

If you need to get someone’s attention you would start the phrase with “excuse me”.
–如果你要引起别人的注意,你应该用这个短语开头。

eg.

Excuse me, could you tell me the way to Charing Cross station?
–不好意思,请问到查令十字街怎么走?

Excuse me, do you have the time?
–不好意思,你现在有时间吗?

Excuse me, is this seat taken?
–不好意思,这儿有人坐吗?

2、Please (请)

If you ask for something (ask a favour) or want somebody to do something for you, using “please” is a must in English.
–如果你希望别人帮你帮,一定要记得说Please。

eg.

Could you give me a hand, please?
–请问你能帮我一下吗?

Could you please call the suppliers tomorrow?
–明天请给供应商打个电话好吗?

Could I have tomorrow off, please?
–请问我明天能请假吗?

Quiet, please!
–请保持安静!

3、Thank you. (谢谢)

It is normal to say “thank you” or “thanks” when somebody gives you something or you receive information. Also, when you buy something and the person hands you your goods, a “thank you” is expected. Some people may be offended if you don’t thank them.
–当别人给了你东西或是为你提供了信息时,一定要说thank you。当你买了东西,别人递给你的时候,也可以说thank you。如果你没说,一些人会觉得你很无礼。

Some people may respond to your thanks with “You’re welcome”, “Welcome”, “Don’t mention it”, “That’s all right” or “No problem”
–回应Thanks的语句包括You’re welcome、Welcome、Don’t mention it、That’s all right、No problem,都是没关系的意思。

When you accept something, you would say “thank you” or “Yes, please”
–当你接受别人递的东西,请说thank you,或Yes, please(好的,请给我)

eg.

Would you like a cup tea?? Thank you.
–你需要喝杯茶吗?好,谢谢。

Would you like a receipt? Yes, please.
–你需要收据吗?好的,请给我。

Similarly, when you refuse something, you would say “No, thank you” or “No, thanks”.
–同样,当你拒绝的时候,你应当说No, thank you或No, thanks。

eg.

Would you like some more coffee? No, thank you/ No, thanks.
–你要再来点咖啡吗?不用了,谢谢你。

4、Sorry(对不起)

Sorry or I’m sorry is frequently used when we need to apologise for something small, for example, if you’re late or you’ve made a small mistake:
–当为些小事情道歉时,可以用这个短语,例如迟到或是犯了小错误。

eg.

Sorry I’m late. The traffic was terrible.
–对不起我来晚了,堵车太厉害了。

I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that you were in the queue.
–不好意思,我不知道你在排队。

“I beg your pardon” is a formal expression which you might hear someone use.
–“请原谅我”是比较正式的表达。

eg.

I beg your pardon, I didn’t see you standing there.
–请原谅我,我没看到你站那儿。

You would use Pardon? or Sorry? if you haven’t heard or understood what someone has said and you want them to repeat it.
–当你没有听清或是不明白别人讲的话希望他们重复一遍时,你可以用Pardon或Sorry。

eg.

Pardon? I didn’t quite hear that. Could you repeat the number please?
–不好意思,我没有听清楚,你可以将数字重复一遍吗?

Sorry? Did you say 30 or 13?
–不好意思,你是说30还是13?

Sorry is more used than pardon. A student once told me that their teacher had told him ‘pardon’ was an old-fashioned word and not used. Whilst it may not be as common as ‘sorry’, ‘pardon’ is still used and you wouldn’t come across as a strange person!
–Sorry比pardon更常用。有学生提出他们老师说pardon已经过时了,没有人再用了。其实虽然sorry更常见,但pardon还是有人在用,别人也不会觉得你用得很奇怪。

One expression that is most definitely not polite is “What?”. If you use it when you haven’t heard or understood something, you may get some disapproving looks from the other person.
–注意,当你没有听清或是不明白别人讲的话时不要回应What,这是非常不礼貌的,别人可能对你侧目。

5、I’m afraid(我担心;恐怕)

If you have to give someone some bad news and want to apologise for this, you would use “I’m afraid”.
–当你要向别人传达坏消息,你希望为此表示歉意时,你可以用这个短语。

There’s a joke that the British like to apologise for everything, so “I’m afraid” is almost a default phrase at the tip of their tongues!
–英国人习惯为任何一点小事道歉,I’m afraid基本就是口头禅。

eg.

I’m afraid I won’t be able to attend the meeting next week.
–我恐怕无法参加下周的会议。

I’m afraid we’ve run out of seats.
–我们恐怕没有空位了。

Do you have change for ?5?? I’m afraid not.
–你帮我换5镑的零钱吗?恐怕不行。

I’m afraid there’s been a misunderstanding.
–恐怕这其中存在误会。

6、After you. (您先请。)

这是一句很常用的客套话,在进门出门,上下电梯,上车等许多场合都可以用,真的很绅士,很有礼貌。

eg.

“After you.” — “Not at all, Mr Bird, after you.”
–“您先请。”—“别客气,伯德先生,您先请。”

7、Don’t take it to heart. (别往心里去。)

这也是很好的一句话,用来安慰人再好不过。

eg.

Don’t take it to heart. You’ll do better next time.
–别往心里去,下次你会做得更好的。