听见你的声音,“听”的英文表达知多少?

英语中关于“听”的单词,最常见的就是hear和listen,但是口语中,听的表达可不止于此,来看看还有哪些吧!

1、overhear?无意中听到,偶然听到

I overheard a very funny conversation on the bus this morning.

今早我坐公交车时,无意中听到一段好笑的谈话。

2、mishear?听错,误听

I’m sure I didn’t say that! You must have misheard (me).

我肯定没说过那句话!你一定是听错了。

3、keep your ear to the ground?耳听八方;保持关注

Peter’ll know, he always keeps an ear to the ground.

彼得会知道的,他耳听八方。

4、catch?听见,听到

I couldn’t catch what the announcer said, with all the other noise going on.

太吵了,我听不清播音员在说什么。

5、eavesdrop?偷听

He was eavesdropping on our conversation.

他在偷听我们谈话。

6、listen in on sth/sb?偷听,窃听

I wish Dad would stop listening in on my phone conversations.

我希望爸爸不再偷听我的电话。

7、strain your ears?竖起耳朵听

I was straining my ears to hear what they were saying.

我竖起耳朵听他们在说什么。

8、in/within earshot?听力范围之内

I don’t think you should say anything while the boss is still in/within earshot.

我觉得老板还没走远,你应该什么也别说。

out of earshot?听不见

Wait till she’s out of earshot before you say anything.

等她走远听不见了,你再说不迟。

9、hang on someone’s every word?仔细听某人说话

Her audience were hanging on her every word.

她使听众听得入神。

10、ears prick up?侧耳倾听

My ears pricked up because I heard them mention Jonathan.

他们一提到乔纳森我耳朵都竖起来了。

11、listen out for?等着听,注意听

Would you listen out for the phone while I’m in the garden?

我在花园里的时候你帮我听着点电话好吗?

12、must be hearing things?一定是听错了(表示不相信某事)

He’s offered to wash the dishes – I must be hearing things.

他主动提出要洗盘子——我一定是听错了。

13、not hear the end/last of sth?反复听,没完没了地听

We’ll never hear the last of it if they win that competition.

如果他们赢了那场比赛,我们的耳根就不得清静了。

14、hear sb out?听(某人)说完

At least hear me out before making up your mind.

你作决定之前至少先听我说完。

15、be all ears?全神贯注地听;洗耳恭听

I’m all ears – tell us what they had to say.

我洗耳恭听——快告诉我们他们怎么说的。

(沪江)